Check out these tips from cops on how to prevent getting a ticket.
1. Keep your hands on the steering wheel throughout the entire encounter.
2. Turn on your dome light (if it's dark).
3. Don’t stare at the officer in your side or rear view mirror.
4. Know where your registration and proof of insurance is.
5. Ask permission to remove your wallet to retrieve your DL and your registration.
6. Take responsibility for your actions.
7. Don’t have an attitude.
8. Don’t admit to speeding.
9. Don’t refer to your radar to disprove the officer.
10. If you are speeding and see a cop, wave. They could think that you know them and be less likely to pull you over.